Arin Shaver, AICP
Planning Executive Director
Fax: (574) 753-7401
8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Monday thru Friday
200 Court Park
Logansport, IN 46947
Application for Architectural Plan Review
Application for ADMINISTRATIVE APPEAL
Application for Development Plan Review
Split Exemption Approval
Improvement Location Permit (Rev. 2022)
Application for SPECIAL EXCEPTION
Application for USE VARIANCE
Application for VARIANCE FROM DEVELOPMENTAL STANDARDS
Application for VARIANCE FROM DEVELOPMENTAL STANDARDS ARC
Application for FLOODPLAIN VARIANCE
Alley Vacation Information
Simple Home Occupation Permit
Who Do I Call For:
Do I need a permit?
What is my property zoned?
What uses are allowed on my property?
Am I in a floodplain?
How do I split property?
Are there certain standards new construction?
Are there standards to open a business?
The purpose of the floodplain is to promote the public health, safety, and general welfare and
to minimize public and private losses due to flood conditions in specific areas by provisions
- Restrict or prohibit uses which are dangerous to health, safety, and property due to water or erosion hazards, which result in damaging increases in erosion or in flood heights or velocities;
- Require that uses vulnerable to floods, including facilities which serve such uses, be protected against flood damage at the time of initial construction;
- Control the alteration of natural floodplains, stream channels, and natural protective barriers which are involved in the accommodation of flood waters;
- Control filling, grading, dredging, and other development which may increase erosion or flood damage;
- Prevent or regulate the construction of flood barriers which will unnaturally divert floodwaters or which may increase flood hazards to other lands; and,
- Make federally subsidized flood insurance available for structures and their contents in the City by fulfilling the requirements of the National Flood Insurance Program.
Planning / Zoning Department News & Updates
City of Logansport Hoosier Heartland and 18th Street Development Projects RFI/Q