Arin Shaver, AICP
Planning Executive Director
Fax: (574) 753-7401
8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Monday thru Friday
200 Court Park
Logansport, IN 46947
Application for Architectural Plan Review
Application for ADMINISTRATIVE APPEAL
Application for Development Plan Review
Split Exemption Approval
Improvement Location Permit
Application for SPECIAL EXCEPTION
Application for USE VARIANCE
Application for VARIANCE FROM DEVELOPMENTAL STANDARDS
Application for VARIANCE FROM DEVELOPMENTAL STANDARDS ARC
Application for FLOODPLAIN VARIANCE
Alley Vacation Information
Simple Home Occupation Permit
Who Do I Call For:
Do I need a permit?
What is my property zoned?
What uses are allowed on my property?
Am I in a floodplain?
How do I split property?
Are there certain standards new construction?
Are there standards to open a business?
This Zoning Ordinance is intended to encourage the growth and development of the City in accordance with the Logansport Comprehensive Plan, the fringe Comprehensive Plan and for the following purposes:
- to secure adequate light, air, and convenience of access; and safety from fire, flood, and dangers;
- to lessen or avoid congestion in the public ways;
- to promote the public health, safety, comfort, morals, convenience, and general welfare;
- to plan for the future development of the City to the end:
- that highway systems be carefully planned;
- that new communities grow only with adequate public way, utility, health, educational and recreational facilities;
- that the needs of agriculture, industry, and business be recognized in future growth;
- that residential areas provide healthful surroundings for family life; and
- that the growth of the community is commensurate with and promotes the efficient and economical use of public funds.
Planning / Zoning Department News & Updates
The Logansport/ Cass County Planning Department wants to remind residents that permits are required for the following:
- New Construction
- Renovation or Remodel
- Yard/Garage Sales
- Roof Alteration & Re-roofing
- Razing Structure
- Electrical/Mechanical/Plumbing Upgrade
These documents are pertinent to daily life and are how our community is able to function. From single family residences to the business districts, signage, fences, structural changes and additions, the regulations located in the Zoning Ordinances are important to the well-being and safety of the residents of the City of Logansport, The Planning and Building Commissioners Departments are here to help you navigate through the process to get to the end goal.
Please contact one of the departments to learn about the permitting process before you start any project.
Through state law, we are here to enforce the goals and objectives of the community through ordinances that were adopted by your City Council.
For further information, please contact Wayne Erwin or Sandy Warpenburg at the Building Commissioners office at 574-753-4381 and or Arin Shaver at the Planning Department at 574-753-7775.
All yard signs that are placed between the street and sidewalks will be removed