Arin Shaver, AICP
Planning Executive Director
Fax: (574) 753-7401
8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Monday thru Friday
200 Court Park
Logansport, IN 46947
Architectural Review Committee
Board of Zoning Appeals Application
Development Plan Review
Split Exemption Approval
Improvement Location Permit
Major and Minor Subdivision
Variance from Developmental Standards
Variance from Floodplain
Who Do I Call For:
Do I need a permit?
What is my property zoned?
What uses are allowed on my property?
Am I in a floodplain?
How do I split property?
Are there certain standards new construction?
Are there standards to open a business?
This Zoning Ordinance is intended to encourage the growth and development of the City in accordance with the Logansport Comprehensive Plan, the fringe Comprehensive Plan and for the following purposes:
- to secure adequate light, air, and convenience of access; and safety from fire, flood, and dangers;
- to lessen or avoid congestion in the public ways;
- to promote the public health, safety, comfort, morals, convenience, and general welfare;
- to plan for the future development of the City to the end:
- that highway systems be carefully planned;
- that new communities grow only with adequate public way, utility, health, educational and recreational facilities;
- that the needs of agriculture, industry, and business be recognized in future growth;
- that residential areas provide healthful surroundings for family life; and
- that the growth of the community is commensurate with and promotes the efficient and economical use of public funds.