Arin Shaver, AICP
Planning Executive Director
Fax: (574) 753-7401
8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Monday thru Friday
200 Court Park
Logansport, IN 46947
Alley Vacation Information
Developers Guidebook 2019
Logansport Subdivision Control Ordinance
Logansport Zoning Ordinance 2018
Ordinance 2014-51 Complete Streets Policy
Who Do I Call For:
Do I need a permit?
What is my property zoned?
What uses are allowed on my property?
Am I in a floodplain?
How do I split property?
Are there certain standards new construction?
Are there standards to open a business?
This Zoning Ordinance is intended to encourage the growth and development of the City in accordance with the Logansport Comprehensive Plan, the fringe Comprehensive Plan and for the following purposes:
- to secure adequate light, air, and convenience of access; and safety from fire, flood, and dangers;
- to lessen or avoid congestion in the public ways;
- to promote the public health, safety, comfort, morals, convenience, and general welfare;
- to plan for the future development of the City to the end:
- that highway systems be carefully planned;
- that new communities grow only with adequate public way, utility, health, educational and recreational facilities;
- that the needs of agriculture, industry, and business be recognized in future growth;
- that residential areas provide healthful surroundings for family life; and
- that the growth of the community is commensurate with and promotes the efficient and economical use of public funds.