Arin Shaver, AICP
Planning Executive Director
Fax: (574) 753-7401
8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Monday thru Friday
200 Court Park
Logansport, IN 46947
Alley Vacation Information
Developers Guidebook 2019
Logansport Subdivision Control Ordinance
Logansport Zoning Ordinance 2018
Ordinance 2014-51 Complete Streets Policy
Who Do I Call For:
Do I need a permit?
What is my property zoned?
What uses are allowed on my property?
Am I in a floodplain?
How do I split property?
Are there certain standards new construction?
Are there standards to open a business?
This Subdivision Control Ordinance is adopted for the following purposes:
- to protect and provide for the public health, safety, and general welfare of the City of Logansport and the Jurisdictional Fringe Area;
- to guide the future development of the City of Logansport and the Jurisdictional Fringe Area in accordance with the Comprehensive Plan – City of Logansport and any related policies;
- to provide for the safety, comfort, and soundness of the built environment and related open spaces;
- to protect the compatibility, character, economic stability, and orderliness of all development through reasonable design standards;
- to supply proper land boundary records;
- to provide for the survey, documentation, and permanent documentation of land boundaries of property;
- to provide for identification of property;
- to provide public access to land boundary records;
Planning / Zoning Department News & Updates
Go to the 3rd floor of the City Building (601 E Broadway, Logansport, Indiana 46947) in the Building Commissioner’s office.
There is a two day turnaround for all splits including plats, deeds, or contracts.
After a complete application is filed a hearing will be setup up within 30 days. Subdivisions require a secondary approval that could 5 – 365 days depending on conditions require to be met.