Arin Shaver, AICP
Planning Executive Director
Fax: (574) 753-7401
8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Monday thru Friday
200 Court Park
Logansport, IN 46947
Application for Architectural Plan Review
Application for ADMINISTRATIVE APPEAL
Application for Development Plan Review
Split Exemption Approval
Improvement Location Permit
Application for SPECIAL EXCEPTION
Application for USE VARIANCE
Application for VARIANCE FROM DEVELOPMENTAL STANDARDS
Application for VARIANCE FROM DEVELOPMENTAL STANDARDS ARC
Application for FLOODPLAIN VARIANCE
Alley Vacation Information
Simple Home Occupation Permit
Who Do I Call For:
Do I need a permit?
What is my property zoned?
What uses are allowed on my property?
Am I in a floodplain?
How do I split property?
Are there certain standards new construction?
Are there standards to open a business?
This Subdivision Control Ordinance is adopted for the following purposes:
- to protect and provide for the public health, safety, and general welfare of the City of Logansport and the Jurisdictional Fringe Area;
- to guide the future development of the City of Logansport and the Jurisdictional Fringe Area in accordance with the Comprehensive Plan – City of Logansport and any related policies;
- to provide for the safety, comfort, and soundness of the built environment and related open spaces;
- to protect the compatibility, character, economic stability, and orderliness of all development through reasonable design standards;
- to supply proper land boundary records;
- to provide for the survey, documentation, and permanent documentation of land boundaries of property;
- to provide for identification of property;
- to provide public access to land boundary records;
Planning / Zoning Department News & Updates
The Logansport/ Cass County Planning Department wants to remind residents that permits are required for the following:
- New Construction
- Renovation or Remodel
- Yard/Garage Sales
- Roof Alteration & Re-roofing
- Razing Structure
- Electrical/Mechanical/Plumbing Upgrade
These documents are pertinent to daily life and are how our community is able to function. From single family residences to the business districts, signage, fences, structural changes and additions, the regulations located in the Zoning Ordinances are important to the well-being and safety of the residents of the City of Logansport, The Planning and Building Commissioners Departments are here to help you navigate through the process to get to the end goal.
Please contact one of the departments to learn about the permitting process before you start any project.
Through state law, we are here to enforce the goals and objectives of the community through ordinances that were adopted by your City Council.
For further information, please contact Wayne Erwin or Sandy Warpenburg at the Building Commissioners office at 574-753-4381 and or Arin Shaver at the Planning Department at 574-753-7775.
All yard signs that are placed between the street and sidewalks will be removed
Go to the 3rd floor of the City Building (601 E Broadway, Logansport, Indiana 46947) in the Building Commissioner’s office.
There is a two day turnaround for all splits including plats, deeds, or contracts.
After a complete application is filed a hearing will be setup up within 30 days. Subdivisions require a secondary approval that could 5 – 365 days depending on conditions require to be met.