Arin Shaver, AICP
Planning Executive Director
Fax: (574) 753-7401
8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Monday thru Friday
200 Court Park
Logansport, IN 46947
Architectural Review Committee
Board of Zoning Appeals Application
Development Plan Review
Split Exemption Approval
Improvement Location Permit
Major and Minor Subdivision
Variance from Developmental Standards
Variance from Floodplain
Who Do I Call For:
Do I need a permit?
What is my property zoned?
What uses are allowed on my property?
Am I in a floodplain?
How do I split property?
Are there certain standards new construction?
Are there standards to open a business?
This Subdivision Control Ordinance is adopted for the following purposes:
- to protect and provide for the public health, safety, and general welfare of the City of Logansport and the Jurisdictional Fringe Area;
- to guide the future development of the City of Logansport and the Jurisdictional Fringe Area in accordance with the Comprehensive Plan – City of Logansport and any related policies;
- to provide for the safety, comfort, and soundness of the built environment and related open spaces;
- to protect the compatibility, character, economic stability, and orderliness of all development through reasonable design standards;
- to supply proper land boundary records;
- to provide for the survey, documentation, and permanent documentation of land boundaries of property;
- to provide for identification of property;
- to provide public access to land boundary records;
Planning / Zoning Department News & Updates
Go to the 3rd floor of the City Building (601 E Broadway, Logansport, Indiana 46947) in the Building Commissioner’s office.
There is a two day turnaround for all splits including plats, deeds, or contracts.
After a complete application is filed a hearing will be setup up within 30 days. Subdivisions require a secondary approval that could 5 – 365 days depending on conditions require to be met.