Rental Property Inspector
8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Monday thru Friday
601 E Broadway, Room 303
Logansport, IN 46947
Who Do I Call For:
Cristhian Montero-Morales, Rental Property Inspector
Code questions, building questions, new construction, additions, renovations, and unsafe building concerns
Rob Rennewanz, Building Commissioner
Our city ordinances are intended to encourage the growth and development of the city in accordance with the Logansport Comprehensive Plan, the Fringe Comprehensive Plan, and for the following purposes:
- To promote the public health, safety, comfort, morals, convenience, and general welfare of the city citizens
- To plan for the future development of the city for all citizens
- Insure that the growth of the community is commensurate with the promotive of the efficient and economical use of public funds
- That the needs of agriculture, industry, and business be recognized in future growth
- To desire and create improvements for today, tomorrow, and in future opportunities
Building Commissioner News & Updates
All Building Permits, Electrical Licenses, and Contractors Registrations are now completed online through GeoPermits at Permitting.Schneidergis.com.
Paper applications are no longer accepted.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Apply for or Renew a Contractors Registration
For those needing assistance with your Contractors Registration
If you are an existing Registered Contractor, please Renew your Registration as explained below.
All Contractors must provide:
- proof of at least $500,000 in liability coverage with a Certificate of Liability listing the City of Logansport as the Certificate Holder. A $35 yearly fee is collected and registration runs from January 1- December 31.
Electricians must test for their initial Licensing and have additional requirements.
You must be a Registered Contractor with the City of Logansport to perform any work on properties you do not live in/own.
To register or renew you will need to:
- Complete a Contractors Registration Application Logansport Contractors
- Registration fee is $35.00 per calendar year. Online payments, Cash, or Checks made payable to the City of Logansport are accepted.
- Provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance listing the City of Logansport as the Certificate Holder
Electricians must be a licensed Electrician with the City of Logansport please call our office for more information.
The City does not survey property lines. We recommend contacting a local surveyor to locate and identify property lines.
A “ILP” Building Permit is required in order to conform zoning setbacks and lot coverage. This permit takes 48 hours for approval.
Yes, you do need a permit. You will need to provide the height, dimensions, and area where the fence will be located. It will take 48 hours for approval.