Rental Property Inspector
8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Monday thru Friday
601 E Broadway, Room 303
Logansport, IN 46947
– Contractor’s Registration Ordinance (09-07)
Rental Property Registration Form
Community Development Pamphlet
Who Do I Call For:
Cristhian Montero-Morales, Rental Property Inspector
Code questions, building questions, new construction, additions, renovations, and unsafe building concerns
Rob Rennewanz, Building Commissioner
Our city ordinances are intended to encourage the growth and development of the city in accordance with the Logansport Comprehensive Plan, the Fringe Comprehensive Plan, and for the following purposes:
- To promote the public health, safety, comfort, morals, convenience, and general welfare of the city citizens
- To plan for the future development of the city for all citizens
- Insure that the growth of the community is commensurate with the promotive of the efficient and economical use of public funds
- That the needs of agriculture, industry, and business be recognized in future growth
- To desire and create improvements for today, tomorrow, and in future opportunities
For more information on code enforcement, how to file a complaint, common violations, or city guidelines, please see the orange resources section in the left sidebar.
Building Commissioner News & Updates
Know When Permits Are Required
The Logansport/ Cass County Planning Department wants to remind residents that permits are required for the following:
- New Construction
- Renovation or Remodel
- Yard/Garage Sales
- Roof Alteration & Re-roofing
- Razing Structure
- Electrical/Mechanical/Plumbing Upgrade
These documents are pertinent to daily life and are how our community is able to function. From single family residences to the business districts, signage, fences, structural changes and additions, the regulations located in the Zoning Ordinances are important to the well-being and safety of the residents of the City of Logansport, The Planning and Building Commissioners Departments are here to help you navigate through the process to get to the end goal.
Please contact one of the departments to learn about the permitting process before you start any project.
Through state law, we are here to enforce the goals and objectives of the community through ordinances that were adopted by your City Council.
For further information, please contact Rob Rennewanz, Sandy Warpenburg, or Libby Myers at the Building Commissioners office at 574-753-4381 and or Arin Shaver at the Planning Department at 574-753-7775.
All yard signs that are placed between the street and sidewalks will be removed
You can purchase them at any hardware store or grocery store in the city.
You are allowed 2 per year for a total of 4 days at your address.
You must be a Registered Contractor with the City of Logansport to perform any work in the city limits.
To register or renew you will need to:
- Complete Application for Contractor Registration Form
- Include payment of $35.00. Checks are to be payable to the City of Logansport
- Provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance listing the City of Logansport as the Certificate Holder
Electricians must be a licensed Electrician with the City of Logansport.